Sunday, June 24, 2012

Rainbow Village

On Saturday, we went to Taichung and visited Rainbow Village. It was beautiful! Info taken from this website, 

Huang Yung-fu, an 86-year-old war veteran, started painting his village 2 years ago. "Huang lives in a village in a corner of the Taiwanese city of Taichung, a community that was created for Nationalist soldiers in the 1940s and 50s"

It's now listed as one of the must see spots in Taichung. It was so cool!






What's really incredible though, is seeing something on the computer at home, and then actually getting to see that place in person.


When I first decided to come to Taiwan, I looked up Taiwan attractions and saw Rainbow Village on a bunch of lists. I was stoked.


There was literally color everywhere, even the sidewalks were painted. It was incredible.
 We timed in perfectly too, as about 30 minutes after leaving it started to pour rain.



It's always nice to have a travel companion to take pictures of you.



This blue lady reminded me of the Gross sisters from The Proud Family on the Disney Channel. Can you see the resemblance?




This ox was one of my favorite paintings in the village. I feel so privileged to be able to see some truly amazing things.

2 comments:

  1. That blue lady does look like the gross sisters! I was giggling a little at all your "model poses." it looks Luke you have been dropping some lbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm still fat, just less so. I bought a yoga mat and a scale tonight. Things are about to get serious! I think I'm going to buy a few weights next week, too.

    ReplyDelete