Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wugu


This is the Wugu Temple. I haven't been able to find any information on it, so that's not even the legit name. I actually went visited Wugu, probably the 3rd week I was in Taiwan. I'm a bad blogger.  Oops.


Wugu is the god people pray to when they want to have a plentiful and delicious rice crop. You can see the temple from the front of my apartment.We were allowed to go in and take pictures. It was super cool!


This is a GIANT candle. Pretty awesome.


This is a ginormous lighter used to light up incense worshipers use to honor Wugu.

Not to seem all tacky American and bastardizer of ancient cultures, all I really thought for the first 10 minutes was how much I love the movie Mulan and that I kept expecting Mushu to awaken and wake the ancestors. The dragon motif was everywhere.

The incense pit.






Each one of these little red things had an individual light glowing. I'm guessing that this is kind of like lighting a candle for someone.















The view of the entrance from the 2nd floor.




This temple tour was the first touristy thing we did in Taiwan, and it was very fun.

On our out, they had this music playing and this candle tree thing, lit up and spinning. Check the vid.



No comments:

Post a Comment