Friday, March 16, 2012

Scream Fest

Last night, Craig and I walked to this downtown area near the train station. It's pretty legit. There are lots of food stands and little shops. There's even a drugstore, Cosmed, where I found Nyquil-like capsules to help me feel better. It kind of reminded me of a Walgreen's without the candy and fun As-Seen-On-TV section.

Anywho, on the walk to the station, both of us listening to our iPods, I heard a loud noise. I turned around and I realized that it was barking. Wild dogs are rampant in Taiwan. We see about 10 every day. After turning around, this thing comes bolting around the side of a building. I screamed bloody murder. My eyes didn't even process that what I was screaming at was a Pug-like pup. It might have well as been a pitbull for the way I went on. It was small.

Craig, hearing my scream, ripped out his head phones and turned around, "What? What is it!?" He looked at me, then the dog, and just laughed. He laughed his head off. Seriously, he couldn't breathe.

I might have said a swear word and then become really embarrassed that I behaved like a ninny-pants about such a small dog.

But see, this is the thing, I had no idea it was a small dog. I thought it was going to be massive. And it was running straight at me. I really could only scream, right?

Needless to say, I continued on walking in shame to the market, while Craig would just start laughing again every few minutes. Oh, life. How you like to laugh at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment