Saturday, March 31, 2012

Jason's Marketplace

We had time to kill on Saturday after seeing Wrath of the Titans before our showing of The Hunger Games started, so we decided to explore the mall a little bit more.

We'd heard from another foreign teacher, that you can buy Western brands of food in the basement so we decided to check it out.

It was true!!!! Jason's Marketplace was beautiful.

There was real cheese and Captain Crunch ($9 a box, but still), and margarine (as close to butter as I think I'm going to get out here) and even Babybel cheeses. I geeked out over these. Craig thought I was nuts.



Right as I was going to check out, I saw a spice rack with Italian seasoning. And minced onions. 2 things that I had, that very day, put on a list for my family to send to me in their next package. I use the two to doctor up my Prego sauce, which I managed to purchase here. I'm so excited for a taste of home. I giggled to Craig and he thought I was crazy.


We also found Dr.Pepper and A&W Root Beer that we haven't found prior to now. At first we thought each can was $125NT or over $3 each and decided we weren't that desperate yet. We saw another sign later that said each can was $35NT, or a little over $1 USD.

It was exciting to be sure. I want to go back this week and see if there's some fun stuff to make for Easter dinner next week. We saw some stuff to make mini-pizzas, and might do that. It won't be the same as ham and delicious potatoes, but it will still be a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment