Monday, March 26, 2012

Field Trip to Zhunan Station

One thing I'm quickly realizing as a teacher in Taiwan, lesson plans and schedules mean nothing here. Not a day goes by, that something doesn't get switched around or changed.


Take last week's field trip, Craig and I found out about it the night before, after work. Totally threw off my teaching schedule. Anyways, we get to the train station and I fully expect a guide to come out and show us around.

But no, my friends. I was the guide. They all said, "Miss Kristi, meet us downstairs at 10:30 (the wrong time, by the way), show the kids around."
Ethan

Hank

Ian on the bus home


Thomas
Okay, I'll show these kids around a train station I've been in fewer than 10 times. It was ridiculous. I hat feeling unprepared and for this I was just walking around pointing at things. "This is a ticket machine, this is also a ticket machine, a trash can, another ticket machine." It was thrilling stuff, people. I wish you could have been there, I'm sure you would have been riveted.

Thomas, Beckham, and Ian
The kids seemed to enjoy it, even though we didn't see even one train in person, just a few in old pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment