Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chocolate Bananas

The kids copied this in their drawing books while waiting for their turn.
We made chocolate covered bananas as a class a few weeks ago. We were learning about cooking with gas in science and I wanted to use a camping stove to melt some chocolate and make something easy, but I guess they misunderstood my request form.

They brought me this chocolate-like spread. I tried some and it had a heavy shortening flavor, leaving the roof of your mouth coated afterwards.

The setup: bananas, popsicle sticks, sprinkles, and chocolate spread.
The kids really seemed to enjoy it, and kept asking for more. Good times were had by all, until Beckham dropped his banana on his jacket and got chocolate everywhere. That boy is so accident prone it's ridiculous. He's spilled his lunch bowl on himself 3 times in almost 2 months of school. Sigh...

Mina
Hank

Eric
Nini
Ethan

Thomas
Mini
Beckham
Abha (aw-pha)
Ian


No comments:

Post a Comment