Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Bean Jar

 Sometimes my kids are animals. Climbing on tables, jumping off chairs, drawing on the board. It's a zoo. Even the bellow of my whistle can't stop them.

When those times strike, I shake my bean jar. Most of them stop immediately. Some cover their ears because they don't like the noise, but eventually, they all shut up. Bliss.
I know it seems like I only post pictures of Nini, but girlfriend loves the camera.
 The way the bean jar works is that if the class is good, they get to put a scoop of beans in the jar. If they're bad, I take a scoop out. When they fill the jar up, we're going to have a class party. They're pretty stoked.

 My Aunt Pat is a retired teacher and alerted me to this little gem. We had a nice long-distance chat in which she imparted priceless wisdom for my use whilst abroad. Thanks for the idea, Pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment