Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Flight Over


I flew to Taiwan on February 14th, 2012 AT 12:05 A.M. I was lucky to have a friend of my parents to upgrade my ticket to business class. So I had a slightly larger seat and a few more amenities than those in coach.


Every passenger had their own tv in the seat-back in front of them.  You could watch movies, play games, watch the route the plane traveled and even send emails or text messages if you were willing to pay.


I watched 4 movies, In Time, Moneyball, Freedom Writers, Like Crazy, and an episode of Mike and Molly.  I didn't sleep very much at all.


Each passenger was also given a small pillow, a blanket, and a pair of slippers for the long flight. It was pretty cool.


For dinner I had steak and potatoes, a roll, and some fruit. For dessert there were mini-Toblerone bars and shortbread cookies. It was pretty good.

We landed at 5:50 AM. , 2:00P.M. in America, after a 14 hour and 10 minute flight.

 We were so tired!



The airport was super hot and humid and right off the bat we saw an ad urging us to fight against   human trafficking. That's reassuring.

The first stamp in my passport!!
We made it through customs easily. After leaving the customs area we sat next to a planter's box that kind of smelled like pee to wait for our ride. I'll continue the rest of the story in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment