Saturday, February 9, 2013

Christmas Show


Each year, Stanford puts on a Christmas and Graduation show. This year's Christmas show was written by the foreign teachers, Craig, Riaan, and myself. It was based on How the Grinch Stole Christmas.


The school went all out on decorations. It really should have been called "How Stanford Killed Christmas" as they had lights and trees up my November 8th.






I played Cindy-Lou Who and Riaan was the Grinch, and Craig got to be Santa Claus, They had to rent him a special suit as the one they had was meant for small Asians, which Craig is not.


I had a good, if not chaotic day. Immediately following the show, Craig and I took a taxi to the train station and then on to a hotel in Taoyuan to prepare for our flights the next morning. Craig's to Japan, and mine back to America to surprise my family for Christmas.


The woman in blue is Miss Winni and is my co-teacher in K3A. She is great and also funny. We like to commiserate about all the stupid things we have to do at school. The other teacher is Miss Jane and she is also sweet. I taught her and Miss Grace (pictured below) how to fishtail braid their hair.


Miss Grace speaks very little English. but is very sweet and manages to make herself understood.



They had a whole set-up for Craig to pose and take pics with the Children. I caught him in action and it was super fun to watch.

The school photographer wanted a shot of both of us so here it is. It would have made a nice Christmas card, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment