Thursday, October 11, 2012

Costco Wholesale is A Whole Bunch of Awesome

Finding out that there was a Costco in Hsinchu was definitely a selling point in deciding to come teach English in Taiwan. So when I got tired of being around weird smelling food, I would always be able to find solace in the Costco food court.

We ventured forth a couple weeks ago and went exploring. I of course was more excited by the prospect than the my companions, but I didn't care. This was Costco, and I needed to see everything!






It was weird to see totally American snacks along side some weird jelly fruit chunk candies.



These are my dad's favorite and I totally thought of him when they appeared in the aisle.


Holla!



And then you see this and remember that you are definitely in Asia as they love their flavored milks here. I've seen Apple milk, but have been too afraid to try it. Maybe someday...


There was a selection of sushi trays, instead of deli platters in the cooler.


I totally thought this was a massive box of otter pops when I saw the colors from down the aisle, and I ran up only to find that I have no idea what they are, as I cannot read Chinese. Sad day.


We had to go on a Saturday, and it was just as crazy here as it is in America. Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment