Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Life's a Drag


All the public schools in Taiwan require uniforms. Most of the students in my P class (the 12 year-old's) go to different schools and have different uniforms. One school's colors are purple and yellow.

A few weeks ago, I turned around at the start of class and I nearly died. One of my male students, Hank, was wearing purple and yellow track pants, a purple turtleneck and, blue socks.

I immediately thought of one of my favorite British television show, Miranda. It is both delightful and slightly off-color. I've seriously never laughed so hard in my life. Love it.

Anyways, Miranda (seen below), gets asked out on a date and wants to buy a new dress, but she is very tall and a little bigger and can never find anything. Long story short, she ends up shopping at a drag shop (unbeknownst to her).



She walks back into her store wearing an entirely purple ensemble and her friend asks, "Miranda, why are you dressed like a transvestite?"

I wanted to say, "Hank, why are you dressed like a transvestite?" He wouldn't have understood the word anyways.

Seriously, though. It was amazing.


UPDATE: I found video! Watch 8:24-8:51. Hysterical!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I need someone to force to watch it with me again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also can you get rid of that whole "prove you're not a robot" business. It is one of those extra steps that I so hate!

    ReplyDelete